Before clearing cache & cookies
When you clear your cache and cookies, your browser might sign you out of your Google Account. To make sure you can sign back in, update your recovery phone number and email address.
In the Chrome app
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Chrome app.
- At the bottom, tap More .
- Tap History Clear browsing data.
- Make sure there’s a check mark next to "Cookies, Site Data," and "Cached Images and Files."
- Tap Clear browsing data.
In other browser apps
If you use Safari, Firefox, or another browser, check its support site for instructions.
What happens after you clear this info
After you clear cache and cookies:
- Some settings on sites get deleted. For example, if you were signed in, you’ll need to sign in again.
- Some sites can seem slower because content, like images, needs to load again.
How cache & cookies work
- Cookies are files created by sites you visit. They make your online experience easier by saving browsing data.
- The cache remembers parts of pages, like images, to help them open faster during your next visit.